RS 2400V Food Irradiator For Testing & Research
The RS 2400V is currently being used in 2 different industries which are food irradiation research and insect population control.Food Irradiation Research – Radiation Effects on Seafood and Produce Pathogens The first RS 2400V was installed in 2003 at Mississippi State University for the evaluation of radiation effectiveness in the reduction of dangerous bacteria, such as salmonella, E. coli, vibrio, shigella and listeria on seafood and fresh produce. Food Irradiation Research – Detection of Irradiated Food In April of 2009, an RS 2400V was installed in Foggia, Italy at the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale della Puglia e della Basilicata (IZS) and is used in the research of detecting food irradiated with ionizing radiation. In Europe, as in many countries of the world, the irradiation of food is an acceptable method of food preservation. The European Union (EU) approves which foods can be irradiated and to what range of radiation doses. It requires that all irradiated foods be clearly labeled and that market-level inspections are completed to ensure compliance with the regulations. IZS is using their RS 2400V to develop testing methods to determine whether or not a food has been irradiated.
- Length 72” (183 cm)
- Width 33” (84 cm)
- Height 51” (130 cm)
- Weight: 2,350 lbs (1,066 kg)
Contact Us Now!
- Just-In-Time supply management helps to control costs
- Safe, the unit is self-shielded with no radioactive source
- Secure, system is password protected
- Turn-key installation
- Easy to operate using a simple, easy-to-read touch pad
- Service and Support – 12 month full warranty
- Does not require a US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) license