The RS 2000 Small Animal Irradiator
THE INDUSTRY STANDARD FOR WHOLE BODY SMALL ANIMAL IRRADIATION WITH OVER 95% OR GREATER DOSE UNIFORMITY
Rad Source in Action
Our patented x-ray irradiation technology is validated and widely used to configure the immune systems of laboratory animals so they can be used in both cancer research and research on the immune system.
Cancer and immunology researchers often use laboratory animals with a modified immune system as a preliminary way to study the behavior of human cancer cells and tumors, the potential for success of new cancer therapies, the effects of stem cell and bone marrow transplantation, and immune system function in response to disease before they are tested in humans.
To prepare these laboratory animals for these human-simulated experiments, their original immune system needs to be either weakened or completely destroyed and then reconstructed with human immune cells.
This is achieved through the application of ionizing radiation, and our patented x-ray irradiation technology is the gold-standard for this application.
IDEAL FOR SMALL ANIMAL IRRADIATION
Designed for Life Science Applications
Quastar™ x-ray emitter produces a high x-ray output and has a large field, providing the scientist with the flexibility for many advantageous configurations for high throughput and dose rate.
RADPlus™ Research Tools
Our patented RadPlus research tools are designed to improve dose uniformity to over 95% while reducing the stress and risk of skin burns to the specimen.
Pre-clinical Studies Design
Engineered for preclinical studies, used to evaluate and optimize new treatment modalities.
Features & Benefits
X-Ray Designed for Life Science™
Multi-level Chamber Exposure System
- Exposure chamber incorporates a five (5) level height adjusting tray allowing for flexible specimen placement.
- The adjustable tray has six concentric circles which correspond to the size of the radiation field at a corresponding height..
- A moveable tray with samples can be positioned at these levels and irradiated; therefore, six different dose rates can be achieved.
Exposure Chamber Guides
- Five (5) height levels for tray positioning (1 to 5)
- Six (6) Circles guides for sample placement of specimen target.
No Radioactive Source – No Ongoing Regulatory Hassles
- Meets all safety requirements specified in Fed. Reg. 21 CFR 1020.40.
- No Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) License required.
- No nuclear disposal requirements.
- No additional security requirements for nuclear equipment.
- No additional safety equipment for laboratory staff.
Direct Replacement for Nuclear Source Irradiators
Considered by the FDA to be “substantially equivalent” to Cesium-137 gamma
irradiators for the irradiation of blood and blood products as a new Cs-137 unit.
Onboard Cooling System
No external water connection or drain hook-up is needed which allows
for convenient placement of instrument for increase work flow efficiency.
Mounted on sturdy castor wheels for convenient portability for flexible
placement improving sample workflow efficiency
One Day Plug & Play Installation
No water or drain connection to the facility is needed, providing improved workflow efficiency with flexible unit placement. and saving costs.
- For over 20 years and greater than 500 irradiator installs in renowned hospitals, universities, pharma, government and life science institutions worldwide, Rad Source has provided the world’s leading healthcare
providers with reliable products and trusted services.
29.94” x 32.81 x 67.75″ | 76.05 x 83.35 x 172.08 cm
INTERNAL CHAMBER DIMENSIONS
16.69 x 16.57 x 11.13″ | 42.39 x 42.09 x 28.27 cm
38 x 40 x 75″ | 96.52 x 101.60 x 190.5 cm
1900 lbs. | 861.8 kg
- Power: 208/240VAC, 1-phase, 50/60Hz, 30A, True Earth Ground
- Instrument Wiring: 10 AWG L1, L2/N
DOSE RATE (GY/MIN) USA (FDA)
Dose rates for cells
Filtered: 5 – 10 Gy/min.
Unfiltered: Up to >17 Gy/min.
Dose rates for Small Animals w/ RADPlus
~1.2 Gy/min (120 rads/min or same as gamma)
DOSE UNIFORMITY RATIO (DUR)
w/ RADPlus: 94% and up
Research Tools & Accessories
INSTALLATION & WARRANTY
- For the Installation, the unit will arrive at your facility in the morning and will be met by our install team.
- All irradiators receive a quality inspection, dose map, and radiation survey prior to shipment and again at installation.
- On-site Training Included at installation
- 3 gallons of distilled water for the irradiator’s internal water tank.
- Not Required
- 12 months full warranty: Including: Installation, Training, Initial Dose Map, Radiation Survey, 2nd Dose Map and all parts, labor & travel.
- Extended Warranty Program Available.
Safety & Quality
- All Rad Source irradiators receive a quality inspection, dose map, and radiation survey prior to shipment and again at installation.
- All Rad Source irradiators are manufactured as cabinet X-ray devices and conform to the radiation safety guidelines in US CFR 1020.40 for safe use.
- All Rad Source irradiators are manufactured as cabinet X-Ray devices and conform to the radiation safety guidelines in US CDFR 21 Chapter 1, Subchapter J.