The RS 3400 x-ray blood irradiator
Simultaneously Irradiates Six Blood Products, in 5 minutes, with Excellent Dose Uniformity and Reliability.
Powered by QUASTAR® Technology in the RS 3400
The RS 3400 is a medical device (FDA 510k), which uses X-rays when the irradiation of blood products for Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) is indicated. This irradiator is a direct replacement for Cesium irradiators and has no security, shielding disposal, or NRC site license requirements.
Patented rotator holds 1 to 6 blood product canisters or syringe holders that circulate around the QUASTAR® X-ray Source providing excellent dose uniformity.
Cycle time for 25 Gy center dose is less than 5 minutes.
Direct replacement for Cesium irradiators.
1 Single X-ray Power Supply and QUASTAR® emitter that run
at less than 80% of maximum power providing for increased longevity.
Six 1 liter canisters for conveniently loading a variety of blood products (whole blood, platelets, & syringes) in the same cycle.
Mounted on wheels for easy installation.
The RS 3400 is US-FDA cleared and CE marked.
Like a quasar, the most potent X-ray source in the universe, the Rad Source QUASTAR® proprietary emitter technology produces high output X-ray radiation efficiently and reliably for a wide variety of irradiation applications. Uniquely capable of creating more X-rays per unit power, QUASTAR® is only available from Rad Source Technologies, Inc. Another feature of the QUASTAR® is that it is easily replaceable and repairable. All Rad Source devices are made in the USA.
Safety and Quality
- All irradiators receive a quality inspection, dose map, and radiation survey prior to shipment and again at installation.
- All Rad Source irradiators are manufactured as cabinet X-ray devices and conform to the radiation safety guidelines in US CFR 1020.40.
- Available for purchase: Barcode Scanner, Syringe Holders, Extra Canisters, and Phantoms.
Height – 68″
Width – 34″
Depth – 36″
Single phase, 50/60Hz, 208-240VAC, 30A [L1,L2/N, GND]
Self-contained On-board cooling system. No external water connections required.
USA (FDA): 15Gy min./25 Gy central/50 Gy max.
Europe (EDQM & UK (BCSH): 25 Gy min./50 Gy max.
862kg (1,900 lbs)
Just a few users of the RS 3400
- OREGON HEALTH and SCIENCE UNIVERSITY – OR
- LIFESTREAM BLOOD CENTER – CA
- CANCER TREATMENT CENTERS of AMERICA – PA
- MEMORIAL BLOOD CENTERS – MN
- PINNACLE HEALTH – PA
- GRADALIS Inc. -TX
- INSTITUTE for TRANSFUSION MEDICINE – IL
- CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL OF ALABAMA – AL
- MEMORIAL HOSP OF HOLLYWOOD – FL
- ONEBLOOD UNIT #1 – FL
- AVERA McKENNEN HOSPITAL – SD
- UCSF (Mission Bay Hosp) – CA
- St. THOMAS HEALTH SYSTEM – TN
- YORK Hospital (WELLSPAN) -PA
- SUN COAST BLOOD BANK – FL
- MIDLAND MEDICAL CENTER -TX
- NORTHSHORE UNIVERSITY HEALTH SYSTEM – IL
- UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON – WA
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SAN DIEGO UNIT #1 – CA
- OKLAHOMA BLOOD INSTITUTE – OK
- COMMUNITY BLOOD CENTERS – KS
- CHRISTIANA HEALTHCARE – DE
- AMERICAN RED CROSS – UNIT #1 – MO
- VALLEY CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
- AMERICAN RED CROSS – UNIT #2 – IN
- SACRED HEART HOSPITAL – FL
- EMORY UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL – GA
- WALTER REED NATIONAL MILITARY MEDICAL CENTER – DC
- AMERICAN RED CROSS – UNIT #3 – CA
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA – NC
- BEN TAUBE HOSPITAL – HARRIS COUNTY HEALTH -TX
- STORMONT VAIL HOSPITAL – KS
- LUKE’S MEDICAL CENTER – MO
- RADY CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL – CA
- UC SAN DIEGO UNIT #2 – CA
- AMERICAN RED CROSS – UNIT #4 – CA
- ORLANDO HEALTH – FL
- PALMETTO HEALTH – SC
- CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL of COLORADO – CO
- BARNES JEWISH HOSPITAL UNIT #1 – MO
- BARNES JEWISH HOSPITAL UNIT #2 -MO
- LAHEY HOSPITAL – MA
- LANCASTER GENERAL HOSP. – PA
- AMERICAN RED CROSS – UNIT #5 – MI
- TEXAS CHILDREN’S HOSP AT TMC – TX
What our users have to say:
The performance of the RS 3400 has been great. The staff have not had any issues using the irradiator. Very simple to operate and user friendly. I would purchase another RS 3400 and would recommend this product. Great conpany to work with.