The RS 3400 x-ray blood irradiator
Simultaneously Irradiates Six Blood Products, in 5 minutes, with Excellent Dose Uniformity and Reliability.
Powered by QUASTAR® Technology in the RS 3400
The RS 3400 is a medical device (FDA 510k), which uses X-rays when the irradiation of blood products for Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) is indicated. This irradiator is a direct replacement for Cesium irradiators and has no security, shielding disposal, or NRC site license requirements.
Patented rotator holds 1 to 6 blood product canisters or syringe holders that circulate around the QUASTAR® X-ray Source providing excellent dose uniformity.
Cycle time for 25 Gy center dose is less than 5 minutes.
Direct replacement for Cesium irradiators.
1 Single X-ray Power Supply and QUASTAR® emitter that run
at less than 80% of maximum power providing for increased longevity.
Six 1 liter canisters for conveniently loading a variety of blood products (whole blood, platelets, & syringes) in the same cycle.
Mounted on wheels for easy installation.
The RS 3400 is US-FDA cleared and CE marked.
Like a quasar, the most potent X-ray source in the universe, the Rad Source QUASTAR® proprietary emitter technology produces high output X-ray radiation efficiently and reliably for a wide variety of irradiation applications. Uniquely capable of creating more X-rays per unit power, QUASTAR® is only available from Rad Source Technologies, Inc. Another feature of the QUASTAR® is that it is easily replaceable and repairable. All Rad Source devices are made in the USA.
Safety and Quality
- All irradiators receive a quality inspection, dose map, and radiation survey prior to shipment and again at installation.
- All Rad Source irradiators are manufactured as cabinet X-ray devices and conform to the radiation safety guidelines in US CFR 1020.40.
- Available for purchase: Barcode Scanner, Syringe Holders, Extra Canisters, and Phantoms.
Height – 68″
Width – 34″
Depth – 36″
Single phase, 50/60Hz, 208-240VAC, 30A [L1,L2/N, GND]
Self-contained On-board cooling system. No external water connections required.
USA (FDA): 15Gy min./25 Gy central/50 Gy max.
Europe (EDQM & UK (BCSH): 25 Gy min./50 Gy max.
862kg (1,900 lbs)
Some Users of the RS 3400
34 Units to the American Red Cross
15 Units to the Nationally Recognized Children’s Hospitals
13 Units to New York City Area Hospitals
9 Units to University of California Hospitals
- OREGON HEALTH and SCIENCE UNIVERSITY – OR
- LIFESTREAM BLOOD CENTER – CA
- CANCER TREATMENT CENTERS of AMERICA – PA
- MEMORIAL BLOOD CENTERS – MN
- PINNACLE HEALTH – PA
- GRADALIS Inc. -TX
- INSTITUTE for TRANSFUSION MEDICINE – IL
- CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL OF ALABAMA – AL
- MEMORIAL HOSP OF HOLLYWOOD – FL
- ONEBLOOD UNIT #1 – FL
- AVERA McKENNEN HOSPITAL – SD
- UCSF (Mission Bay Hosp) – CA
- St. THOMAS HEALTH SYSTEM – TN
- YORK Hospital (WELLSPAN) -PA
- SUN COAST BLOOD BANK – FL
- MIDLAND MEDICAL CENTER -TX
- NORTHSHORE UNIVERSITY HEALTH SYSTEM – IL
- UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON – WA
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SAN DIEGO UNIT #1 – CA
- OKLAHOMA BLOOD INSTITUTE – OK
- COMMUNITY BLOOD CENTERS – KS
- CHRISTIANA HEALTHCARE – DE
- AMERICAN RED CROSS – UNIT #1 – MO
- VALLEY CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
- AMERICAN RED CROSS – UNIT #2 – IN
- SACRED HEART HOSPITAL – FL
- EMORY UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL – GA
- WALTER REED NATIONAL MILITARY MEDICAL CENTER – DC
- AMERICAN RED CROSS – UNIT #3 – CA
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA – NC
- BEN TAUBE HOSPITAL – HARRIS COUNTY HEALTH -TX
- STORMONT VAIL HOSPITAL – KS
- LUKE’S MEDICAL CENTER – MO
- RADY CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL – CA
- UC SAN DIEGO UNIT #2 – CA
- AMERICAN RED CROSS – UNIT #4 – CA
- ORLANDO HEALTH – FL
- PALMETTO HEALTH – SC
- CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL of COLORADO – CO
- BARNES JEWISH HOSPITAL UNIT #1 – MO
- BARNES JEWISH HOSPITAL UNIT #2 -MO
- LAHEY HOSPITAL – MA
- LANCASTER GENERAL HOSP. – PA
- AMERICAN RED CROSS – UNIT #5 – MI
- TEXAS CHILDREN’S HOSP AT TMC – TX
What our users have to say:
The performance of the RS 3400 has been great. The staff have not had any issues using the irradiator. Very simple to operate and user friendly. I would purchase another RS 3400 and would recommend this product. Great conpany to work with.