DOES PHOTONIC DECONTAMINATION CHANGE THE FLOWER INTEGRITY?
No, photonic decontamination does not heat flower which cause premature decarboxylation of THC A
WHAT IS A COLONY FORMING UNIT (CFU)?
- A measurement of the number of viable organisms on sample, proportional to the number of colonies on a plate.
- Some microbial colonies double every 20 minutes (36x/day or 1080/month)!
- Consider time to dispensary and shelf time to sale
- It is critical to understand the risks associated with re-growth of supposedly “cleaned product”.
What is Botrytis cineria (bud rot)?
- It is necrotrophic – a pathogens that derive nutrients from dead or dying cells.
- Botrytis travels through water, air, clothing, fertilizer, container and tools.
- Botrytis thrives in humidity, soil and plants.
What is Powdery Mildew?
- Is one of the most common blights to cannabis.
- Containes the most carcinogen.
- Powdery Mildew travels through water, air, clothing, fertilizer, container and tools.
- Powdery Mildew thrives in humidity, soil and plants.
What is Fusarium? (aka the stealth bomber)
- Out of sight, Out of mind – hard to detect, hidden in soil, acts as “stealth bomber”.
- Form – comes in the form of plant & root rot.
- Relentless – continuously infects the plant in form of wilt or root rot.
- Visual Signature – its incredibly visual with white or grey foam on bud and leaves.
- Fusarium travels through water, air, clothing, fertilizer, container and tools.
- Fusarium thrives in humidity, soil and plants.
What is the Secret Shopper?
- A secret Shopper is a regulator that poses as a shopper that secretly purchases products from dispensaries. The purchased product is then tested for microbial values on the flower.